Friday, January 22, 2016

What I did not Find in St. Louis

My son and I had a great time at the Cardinals Winter Warm Up this past weekend.  We were able to get quite a few autos ranging from superstar players to minor leaguers.  I did not buy any baseball cards though.  I believe there were 2 or 3 dealers selling packs/boxes and another 4-5 selling singles that were grossly over priced.  My budget does not allow me to pay $1 for a 2015 Topps Pete Kozma. 

I was pleasantly surprised to find an unexpected bubble mailer in my mailbox when I arrived home on Sunday evening.  Bobby L from the online group Trading Bases has some spare time over the holidays to check out my wantlist.  He sent 7 cards that finished 3 team sets.
I have a love/hate relationship with Allen & Ginter.  I love the card design and inclusion of former greats like Bob Gibson.  I hate all the non sports cards that are including in packs.  Guess that is why I have not purchased any Ginter in years. 
I like the concept of Opening Day being a cheaper set that younger collectors can afford, but wish Topps would change the photos from the flagship brand.  I will give Topps credit for making the Opening Day Blue parallels.  I prefer them over the Topps Gold.

I was rather shocked to find an action shot in 2015 Allen & Ginter.  It almost looks like Kolten Wong is floating on a cloud.  I love action shots that include the baseball after it has been thrown or hit. 

Another shout out to Bobby for taking the time to send me something.  Trading Bases is a great group that is similar to the blogging community in that a lot of traders send out packages without expecting anything in return. 


No comments:

Post a Comment