Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Finest of Trades

Here it is May 10th already and this is my first post of the month.  Baseball and softball season are in full swing for my kids.  With 2 or 3 games a week and practice in between, a peaceful night at home has become non existent.  Add in weekend volleyball tournaments for my daughter, my spare time has been spent catching up on household chores and sleep.  I have also spent some late nights watching the Blues in the NHL playoffs.  Why the league thinks you need to start a game at 8:00 in the central time zone is beyond me. 

I have managed to complete a couple of trades in the last week.  The first one arrived over the weekend from Trading Bases member Rick.  I sent a stack of Rangers his way in return for some Cardinals hits.

I do not think I have completed any of the Finest sets from the 1990s.  The 1995 set does not look the best with the green background and large baseball diamond. 

1998 Finest features full bleed photography with up close action shots.  I think the design would look better with a clear background instead of it being blurry.

There were a few other shiny cards in the package including a 1998 Topps Chrome, 1997 Donruss Elite, and 1995 Bowman's Best.  

Score did not have too many sets in the early 1990s except for Select.  I like the way team colors were used for the border on the 1995 set.

Last but not least were a some cards I need to finish up various Topps sets.  It is easy to over look multiple player cards when trying to complete a team set.  I think Topps struck out on all 8 prospects listed on these 2 cards.  I know the 2 Cardinals pitchers did not last in the Majors long.

No comments:

Post a Comment