Friday, September 16, 2016

A So Sa Kinda Mailday

No the title is not a typo, just a bad play on words.  Keeping up with my kids' after school activities has limited my hobby time the last few weeks, but I did manage to win an EBAY auction for a Cardinals auto that I have been watching for about a year now. 

Sosa is the Cardinals 7th ranked prospect.  He spent the first half of the year in low A Peoria where he was a mid season all star.  In late July he was promoted to Palm Beach  where he only played 9 games before ending the year on the DL.  Sosa has a good chance of staying at shortstop unless he fills out more as he gets older (he just turned 20 in March). 

Sosa autographed these 2 cards for me at a Peoria Chiefs game in early July.  His IP auto is very similar to his certified auto.  I would guess he is 2-3 years away from pushing for a job in the Majors unless he develops more power and shifts to third base. 

No comments:

Post a Comment