Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Quick Trade Post

While I have been busy going through the massive box Brady sent me, I have had a few other trade packages arrive.  I was able to trade the Colin Moran from my Wal-Mart Holiday box break for a nice lot of 2016 Cardinals needs.


Here it is December and I finally finish my 2016 Topps Series 2 team set.  Wish I could say the same for my Update set, but it is still lacking 3 cards.  I am somewhat surprised Matt Adams is still a member of the Cardinals.  I still have a small glimmer of hope that Jhonny Peralta will be traded so Matt Carpenter will move back to third and Adams will get a chance to start.

These 3 cards also finished my 2016 Topps Chrome team set.  Wacha was mentioned in quite a few trade rumors during the winter meeting, but I do not see the Cardinals parting ways with him.  His starting days may be over, but he may have a chance to transition into a Andrew Miller type of role.  He is too young to give up on already.

This is my first 2016 Bowman Platinum card.  Only 2 more to go.  The Grichuk completed my 2016 Opening Day set.  I see him being a feast or famine type of hitter this year.  He may hit 25-30 home runs, but might also strike out 150+ times.

There seems to be so many Bowman brands this year it is hard to keep all of them straight.  The paper version is not too bad, but there are chrome cards that came in 2 different types of packs.  I am still trying to figure all of those out.

I have mentioned before that there are a ton of Cardinals in 2016 Gypsy Queen.  These 2 along with a few others I need to show yet brings me down to needing just 331 Orlando Cepeda.  Maybe I will find it before the end of the year.

It was nice to know off 3 team sets in one package.  I still have a lot of work to get done before the 2017 cards hit the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment