Friday, August 25, 2017

Red and Blue TCDB Trade

My most recent TCDB trade came in earlier this week with some blue mixed in with my usual red colored Cardinals.  I made a trade with member 860502 that yielded me some nice Cardinals and a few Dodgers so I could repay a collector for this package.  I was too lazy too scan the Dodgers before I sent them off, but here is the Cardinals portion of the package.

1987 was the first year I heavily collected cards.  I opened a few packs in 1985 and 1986, but the woodgrain border of 1987 really got me hooked.  It also did not hurt that you could buy cards almost everywhere that year.  It was nice to see Topps celebrate the 30th anniversary of the set this year. 

Will Clark finished his career as a Cardinal at the end of the 2000 season filling in at first base for an injured McGwire.  He hit some big home runs during the regular season that helped the Cardinals to the playoffs, but the Mets proved to be too much in the NLCS.  He does have a few autographed cards in a Cardinals uniform, but they are way out of my price range.  If only I had won more than $4 from the Powerball drawing this week.  The McGwire 2000 7-11 coin is one I have never seen before.

I am always a sucker for sets featuring retired players.  American Pie, Conlon Collection, and Upper Deck Heroes of Baseball are all great in my book.  I do not think Curt Flood does not get enough hobby love for what he did for the game as far as the dawn of free agency.  The book " A Well Paid Slave"  is on my reading list for this winter.  



No comments:

Post a Comment