Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Shiny Trade Package

Trading has been a little slow for me the past month.  A lot of nightly and weekend baseball games cut back on my spare time, but things will be slowing down after next week.  Last week I was able to swing a trade with TCDB member colonel98801 for a nice chunk of Cardinals wantlist hits, most of the chrome variety.



These 1998 Topps Chrome cards did not scan well at all.  The cards do not have all the scratches on them that showed up on the scan.   They do however have the typical bending issues. 

The league leaders card looks great in Chrome.  I love the stitches on this 1999 card.

Bowman Chrome scans just as bad as Topps Chrome.  These 2000 cards do not look nearly as dark as the picture shows.

These are my first cards from 2000 Bowman Chrome Draft.  I had to look up a checklist to make sure what set they were from, as the cards are not numbered BDC like more recent sets are.


2000 Stadium Club Chrome scanned a little better, although it looks like Renteria's foot is fading away.  Maybe it is the sunlight that creates the illusion.

2001 Chrome had a base and Traded version.  The bottom 2 are from the Traded set.  Clapp is the manager at Triple A Memphis.  He was like a number of other Cardinals utility players like Bo Hart and Joe McEwing who had some success during their first month or so in the Majors, but then fell off big time.  Clapp has done well so far in his managerial career and may be in line for a promotion in the near future.

2003 Topps Chrome are my favorite cards from the package.  Something about the blue border makes these cards really stand out.

I just mentioned yesterday about the large number of McGwire cards that are on my wantlist.  These 2 1999 cards shorten the list.

I do not mind these 2005 Bowman Heritage minis as much as the GQ or A&G minis because they are slightly larger and easier to handle.  Both these guys peaked at Double A before being released.

No comments:

Post a Comment