Wednesday, September 4, 2019

First Trade in a Week

Like my last post said (which seems like it has been a month),  the school season has greatly diminished my hobby time.  I was hoping to spend some time over the holiday weekend working out a few trades, but that did not happen either.  At least I did received my end of one trade I worked out with TCDB member Tgrs 4 me.

Current closer Carlos Martinez was the last card I needed to complete this year's Big League team set.  He has a knack for making things interesting, but has been getting the job done.

Panini has some nice looking sets featuring retired players.  The Torre cards is my first from 2012 Golden Age.  The Bader is a short print from 2018 Diamond Kings.   It is nice to see him hitting better since his recent demotion.  Maybe he can hold onto the centerfield job for the remainder of 2019. 

The 2017 Honus Bonus team set is one that may never get done.  I now have 12 of the 18 Cardinals, but these things do not pop up very often.  I cannot recall every seeing one at a card show, and I hate to overpay online. 

My son came away with a nice 2019 Stadium Club Altuve for his player collection.  He was just asking me over the weekend why he has not received any new ones in a while.  Life a lot less hectic when I was 11 compared to what it is for him now.


 I usually do not show off trade bait, but this 2019 Prizm card is pretty sweet.  I have a couple of Yankee collectors who get first dibs on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment