Wednesday, July 20, 2022

25,000

Continuing yesterday's post, my second milestone I reached with 2 trade packages on Monday was 25,000 Cardinals.  At least that is what TCDB says I have.  I have not cross checked that total with my spreadsheets, but it should be pretty accurate.  TCDB member CoachBarry has the honor of pushing me to that total.


The Holo Prizm parallels from 2021 Select scan great.  The refractor finish looks awesome.


It is rare for me to trade for a Heritage short print I need, even if it is off a common player like Knizner.  I still need to find the Harrison Bader sp before I finish the 2021 Heritage team set.  It was awesome to see Goldschmidt hit a homerun last night, but not so great to see him only get 1 at bat.  He is living up to the name on this 2021 Finest insert.  Juan Yepez start out hot as can be, but has cooled some and is currently on the DL.  His cards like this 2022 Diamond Kings are still going for a nice price.  Glad I was able to trade for this one.


None of these pitchers will be helping the Cardinals anytime soon.  Miller and Lester both retired after 2021 season, while Flaherty will be out for at least another month.   Even if he comes back, I would not bank on him being effective.  


Just like the first package, my son came away with 4 new Altuve cards.  This brings his total to 540.  The 2 Quick Pitch cards on the right really stand out in person.



 

4 comments:

  1. Hearty congratulations on 25,000! Only 975,000 to go before hitting one million!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Not sure I have the room or budget to get to 1 million, but it would be fun to try!

      Delete