Tuesday, October 17, 2023

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #57

Here it is the third Tuesday of October and this is my first 2 for Tuesday post of the month.  This year is really flying by.  To think in two short months and one week it will be Christmas Eve.  My 2 kids have been dropping hints as to what they want already.  I had to tell them I do not even think about shopping until Thanksgiving.  I better get some heavy trading done before it is shopping season.  Today's first trade package came from member Setshot68.


These are my first cards from 2022 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary.  I share the same opinion as a lot of collectors who think it is absurd Topps puts out a set a year late.  It is terrible to think 2023 Stadium Club will not be out until after the new year.  


I am also not a fan of Topps producing online exclusive sets for certain players.  This Carlson card is from the 2022  Topps X Bobby Witt Jr. Crown Collection set.  I believe this year Julio Rodriguez has a set.  It is a nice looking card, but completely unnecessary.

Second trade came from member donttalktorobots.  Bet there is a good story behind that username.


This trade gained me 3 new cards of 3 of my favorite current players.  I have followed Gorman and Carlson since their days with the Peoria Chiefs.  Met both of them are were impressed how well spoken they were at a young age.  Goldschmidt is just an all around pro.  Does not get in trouble and simply shuts up and plays the game hard.  Very old school in my book.


It has been about a month since I showed off a new Altuve card.  Trading has been a little slow, and I have not had a chance to get to a show.  Hope to change both of those in the near future.  


No comments:

Post a Comment