Things did not start well for the Cardinals in their four game series against the Cubs last night. After a 90 minute rain delay, they forgot how to pitch and lost 7-3 and dropped to .500 for the first time since April. I said at the beginning of the season they would do well to finish .500, but the early season success left me more optimistic. The overuse of the bullpen is finally catching up and the top four hitters have cooled off. Maybe they can salvage a split this series.
At least I had some cards to scan last night while I was watching the game. First package came from member Geoff2568. Despite the post office's best effort, the cards arrived 6 week after they were mailed.
I would like these 2026 Donruss cards more if the images were not so zoomed in. Give me a little background with the picture.
I was really happy the package arrived with this 2002 Elite short print. It is rare to find these at shows.
Doyle has turned in a few good outings recently in Double A. He might get a late season promotion to Triple A. On the outside chance the Cardinals are still fighting for a playoff berth, he might get a call up as a reliever.
Funny how long it takes to get the last base card to complete a set without short prints. I can now cross 1998 SP Authentic off my wantlist.
Some of the late 1980s and early 1990s minor league cards had two versions. One that came in packs, and another that was a stadium giveaway. These 1989 ProCards are the latter, as they have a Field company logo on the back.
The second package came from member oodrivero.
Funny how long it takes to get the last base card to complete a set without short prints. I can now cross 1998 SP Authentic off my wantlist.
Some of the late 1980s and early 1990s minor league cards had two versions. One that came in packs, and another that was a stadium giveaway. These 1989 ProCards are the latter, as they have a Field company logo on the back.





No comments:
Post a Comment