Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Countdown to Opening Day #5

Well today is the day.  No it is not opening day yet.  This is the point in the countdown where I thought I would not have an autographed card to show you from a Cardinals player who wore #5.  Yes there is a rather famous first baseman who wore #5 for the Cardinals from 2001-2011, but I have yet to spend the money to get one of his autos.  The Angels have not called me yet with my $200+ million contract offer.  I guess the market is not there for a 39 year old office manager. 


After doing a little research, I found two other former Cardinals who wore #5 that have a certified auto.  Ron Gant has a autographed card in 2014 Topps High Tek, but I have not bought a copy yet. 






1996 Leaf Signature Extended Danny Sheaffer

Sheaffer was the backup catcher for the Cardinals from 1995-1997.  He only wore #5 during the 1995 season.  I love the 1996 Leaf set because of all the obscure players that signed cards for it.  Were else would you find autographs of famous Cardinal middle relievers such as Tony Fossas, Tom Urbani, and Mike Busby.  


No comments:

Post a Comment