Friday, March 20, 2015

First Blog Trade

Before I started posting on a blog, I loved searching other blogs to see what other people have to say about this wonderful hobby.  I tend to enjoy the player or team blogs more as that is what my collecting interests are.  One such blog is

Off Hiatus Baseball Cards

I am sure some of you have had the pleasure of talking and/or trading with Tony.  He is a Brewers collectors who also has some player collections.  Being a Cardinals fan, I have no use for the many Brewers I have acquired over the years, so Tony made a great trade partner.  I worked out my first trade on this blog with him a little while back and received a great package of Cardinals from him earlier this week.  Here are some of the highlights

Along with some other Cardinals from the last couple of years was this 2014 Heritage SP David Freese that completed my team set








I love the oddball sets that Fleer put out in the late 1980s.  It is more fun receiving these oddball than a common jersey card.






I have never seen these Cramer cards before.  The top row is from 1980, bottom from 1981.






Renata Galasso or RCI is another set that I have never heard of.  From what I could tell, these are from 1983 or 1984. 

I believed Tony finished 7 or 8 team sets while also starting a few new ones.  Thanks again Tony, look foward to our next trade.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got the cards and that you needed them. I love oddball sets myself -- I'm starting to think I should try type collecting and getting one card from every set ever to go with my Brewers for the thrill of the oddity. For right now, though, I think I'll stick with Brewers.

    Thanks for the trade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Cramer sets are very expensive sets to acquire, check out the bay. BTW, I like them too, they are really great looking cards plus the player selection is tremendous.

    ReplyDelete