Sunday, January 8, 2017

The Snow is Finished Here

If you have followed the weather in the East the last few days, you know it has snowed a lot out there.  It did snow about 3 inches here on Thursday, but it did not change much in my daily routine.  All schools ran on a normal schedule.  My job in the concrete business was slow on Friday, but that happens this time of year.  My house did receive another dusting of snow on Saturday.

I received a trade package from a Bench member that finished my 2016 Topps Holiday team set.  I almost had to look twice to see the snow on the Martinez card. 

These 2013 Topps Update Wal Mart blue cards remind me of how cold it has been.  The temp has been below 20 degrees for 4 straight days.  Of course it is going to be 50 degrees later this week for 2 or 3 days.  Got to love the winter weather in Illinois.

Panini has done well the last few years with sets that highlight retired players.  The 2012 Cooperstown set notes the year each player was elected to the Hall of Fame.  It would look a little better if the year was not separated at the top, but they are still nice cards.

I was surprised I did not have this 2016 Topps Ozzie insert.  I do not do a good job of keeping track of inserts that I need.  Maybe that should be a goal for 2017.

Rounding out the trade package is this 2016 Bowman Platinum Top Prospects Alex Reyes card.  He should be a front runner for 2016 Rookie of the Year.  The Cardinals must have had a close watch on his innings count in 2016.  He is still classified as a rookie by 4 innings.  If he limit his walks, he should be a solid starter.
 

2 comments:

  1. The retired player sets Panini has done have been top notch. You have to wonder why they can't seem to get things in order for their Donruss set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. The 2017 set does not look any better.

    ReplyDelete