Friday, March 17, 2017

Second TCD Package of the Week

The second package I received this week from a Trading Card Database member was full of Cardinals Topps inserts.  I traded another batch of  Phillies cards for this stack of Cardinals.


There was a ton of Topps inserts in 2011.  I was never a fan of the Topps Town cards.  I did not realize some were also included in Opening Day until I flipped the Holliday card over.  On the other hand I never get tired of receiving Gold cards.  Patterson appeared in enough games with the Cardinals at the end of the 2011 season to earn a World Series ring.  He was not a part of any post season rosters though.

I do like the 2011 Opening Day inserts that Topps put out.  The Stars card has an odd school Sportflics feel it although it lacks the magic motion.  The Superstar Celebrations card highlights a walk off winning hit by Matt Holliday.  Those celebrations never get old.

Wacha had a ton of cards in 2014 after his 2013 post season performance.  He has done well this spring so far, but it will be interesting to see if he can stay healthy enough to pitch 150+ innings this year.

I like the 2014 Topps color parallels.  The red foil cards are my favorite, but the Target Reds are close behind.

2015 inserts of players nicknamed Country, Sweet Lou, Big City, and the Wizard.  Makes me long for a Donruss Signature Series Nickname set.

I will take new cards based off the 1987 Topps design anytime.   The Kiekhefer is the last 2016 Topps Update card I needed for my team set.

2015 Leaf Heroes of Baseball is about as bad an unlicensed product as you can get.  I hate the name plate area, and the airbrushing sticks out big time.  But there are Cardinals in the set, so I guess I will take what I can get.

There was a Musial Milestones insert set included with Leaf Heroes.  How many times can they cut off Stan's head to avoid showing his cap.  At least the last card shows a complete picture of his classic follow through.

Last but not least is this ultra rare 1994 Signature Rookies Draft Picks card of Carl Dale.  It is hard to read on the front of the card, but this is 1 of 45,000.  Hard to believe there is still one floating around after 23 years.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment