Thursday, June 8, 2017

TCDB trade

Early this morning I took the time to clean up my card desk.  I had one trade that I cannot remember when it came in, but know it was from a Trading Card Database member.

 The big prize in the trade for me was the final 2 cards I needed to complete the 1994 Topps Archives set.  Virdon is better know as a Pirate, but he did win Rookie of the Year in 1955 as a Cardinal.  Deal was a relief pitcher in 1950 and 1954.

I was surprised to see I still need a 1997 Topps base card, but this Benes finished my set.  The Wagner finished my 1994 Stadium Club Draft Picks set, while the Sanders took my 2004 Bazooka set down to 2 cards.

These 3 inserts are from 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter.  You would think Topps could be a little more creative with the name.  Reminds me of Topps Total Total Topps inserts.


I miss the Sportscenter days of Keith Olberman and Dan Patrick.  The show is almost hard to watch.  I tune in for sports highlights and some related stories, not to see anchors fighting with guests or expressing their political views.  If I wanted to see that I would watch Jerry Springer.




No comments:

Post a Comment