Friday, May 11, 2018

Yadi is not on the Diamond, But He is in My Mailbox

It has been one week since Yadier Molina took a foul ball to his not so private area that landed him on the DL for a few weeks.  After watching the replay, my son says he will never catch in a game.  Cannot say I blame him.  While he may not be playing, Yadi is still showing up in my trade packages.  The latest is from Bench member Fenway1112.

Just like the 1983 insert, I bet Yadi was feeling pretty blue last Friday night.  He is suppose to be out 4 weeks, but I would bet it is closer to 3.  The man hates to miss games.  He will be sporting some new protection that is said to be bulletproof.  I guess late is better than never.

I opened two hanger packs of 2018 Bowman last week, but forgot to post about it.  I have traded quite a bit away for Cardinals from the set.  It seems like Pham has been the only consistent offensive threat for the Cardinals this year.  It would be nice to see Ozuna get hot.  Thus far his 2 home runs are not what a cleanup hitter should have.

I am always a sucker for Topps parallels, whether it be foil or gold cards.  I would love for Topps to bring back the Emerald cards from 2013.

Closing out the package is this 2014 Finest Green Refractor Matt Holliday.  I saw recently that Holliday would like to play again, but only for a contender.  I was always a Holliday fan and thought he had a lot of unnecessary criticism directed toward him.  He was one of the better trades/free agent signings in recent Cardinals history. 


No comments:

Post a Comment