Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Awesome Trade

The mailman has been nice to me this week.  So far I have received a trade envelope each day.  Monday's package came from TCDB member captawesome81.  I often wonder how people come up with user names.  Mine is fairly simple. rl16 stands for my favorite player Ray Lankford and his uniform number 16.  Enough rambling, on to the cards. 



Molina will appear in his 9th All Star game tonight.  He was late replacement for the injured Buster Posey.  I wonder if his gold chest protector will show up tonight, or if he will be taking any pictures like last year.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Jose Martinez now that Mike Matheny is gone.  I think new manager Mike Shildt values defense more than Mathey does, which does not bode well for Jose.  He would be better served being a DH.

I would love to see Flaherty have a strong second half this year, much like what Luke Weaver did last year.  He has the stuff, but has been prone to the home run.  The Cardinals will need him to contribute since Wainwright may not pitch again.  Even if he does, I doubt he will be a very effective starter.

Does it bother anyone else that Topps is still making Pujols cards in a Cardinals uniform even though he has been an Angel since the 2012 season?  I would be surprised to see many Stanton cards in a Marlins uniform in a year or two.  Turn the page Topps.

No comments:

Post a Comment