Monday, July 9, 2018

Group Break Cardinals

I was fortunate to join a recent group break ran by Trevor from Bump and Run Cards.  He busted 2 hobby boxes of 2018 Stadium Club, 1 box of 2018 Diamond Kings, and a blaster of 2018 Topps Series 2.  I picked the Cardinals and received the Tigers as my random team.  I will spare you the Tiger scans and go straight to the Cardinals.


My spoils from the DK break were these 4 base cards.  I had the Walker from an earlier trade, but the other 3 were welcome additions. 

The main reason I joined the break was the Stadium Club cards.  As usual, the photography did not disappoint.  It was nice to see Mejia included in the set.  He only played a handful of games last year as a rookie utility infielder, but he did not have any cards other than a Topps Now and a Series 2 card.

The Gibson is my favorite of this group.  Martinez's delivery is often compared to Gibson.  It would have been cool to have a card with him in his follow through.  Maybe next year.

These 3 were my favorites of the break.  For the last few years there has been a shot of the St. Louis skyline as one of the players round third after a home run.  Fowler gets the honor this year.  The Bader is my favorite of all.

  My only insert was this red foil Ozzie.  These make nice looking cards to go along with the Cardinals colors.

While I did not receive any major hits, I was happy with the break.  I received 11 of 14 Cardinals base out of the Stadium Club boxes.  The Diamond Kings was a little shy, but that is the way breaks go sometimes.   Thanks Trevor for the setting up the break!

No comments:

Post a Comment