Friday, July 6, 2018

O What a Trade!

There are certain brands of cards that seem to be hard for me to track down.  Late 1990s Topps Chrome and just about any Topps Finest are the first two that come to mind.  Another from the 1980s is Topps O-PEE-CHEE.  I am not sure if it is because of the Canadian ties, or just because collectors did not open many due to the similarity to base Topps sets.  Either way, it is nice to find someone who has a stack to trade.  TCDB member belijr sent me a few Cardinals earlier this week.


1984 is not one of my favorite designs.  The vertical nameplate and photo box seem to stand out more than the photo itself.  You do not see too many guys rocking the warm up jackets like Neil Allen anymore.  Seems like the hooded sweatshirt has taken its place.

The 1985 design improved by leaps and bounds.  I like to see the team logo on cards, and the name plate reminds me of a pennant. 

My favorite design of the 1980s is 1987.  It is very hard to find a collector who would mistake the wood grain border for some other year. 

This 1988 Score Box Card was the only non OPC card in the package.  I am not sure if these cards were inserted in packs, or part of the box like a Topps Box Bottom card.  Maybe my weekend card project will be to find out. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you '85 is a much better design that '84. I've never seen the 88 Score Box card before. That's a neat Clark card.

    ReplyDelete