Thursday, August 30, 2018

Cardinals Among Friends

An unexpected pwe arrived yesterday from trading friend Mark Z.  Mark is a member of 3 different sites I trade on.  He is also a fellow Cardinals fan that I had the pleasure of meeting a few years ago at a Memphis Redbirds game.  We have a nice back and forth open trade for Cardinals duplicates.

My first 2018 Finest cards is of the now Tampa Ray Tommy Pham.  Pham was hoping to repeat his stellar 2017 season in order to get a big pay raise in 2019.  Injuries have cost him time this year, and I doubt the Rays will spend big on him with 3 more years of arbitration left.

2 Tommys in one package, this one of the A&G variety.  2018 is the 50th anniversary of Gibson's historic 1968 season.  22 wins, 28 complete games, 13 shutouts, and a 1.12 ERA.  I wonder what type of free agent contract that would bring today.

These 2010 Topps Target throwbacks can be hard to spot at first glance.  The logo is a little different, but flip the card over and the darker back is a dead give away.

I had no idea that O-PEE-CHEE made stickers.  This sticker highlights a World Series that I am sure most Cardinals fans would like to forget.     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment