Friday, August 24, 2018

Swapping Cards for Cards

It has been a while since I traded with a fellow Cardinals fan.  I am always on the look out for a chance to reduce my stash of almost 2500 duplicates for some Cardinals I need.  It does not have to be an even trade in most cases, but my latest trade with The Bench member redbird4 worked out that way. 

I was able to finish my 2018 Stadium Club team set.  I am glad Carpenter is playing mostly first base now.  It pains me to watch him try to throw a ball from third base. 

This is my first 2018 Topps Chrome card.  I am hoping to make it to a card show in September and hunt some of these down in dime boxes. 

The package also included my first 2018 Allen & Ginter cards.  I know I am in the minority, but A&G is one of my least favorites sets.  I am not a fan of mini cards or the gimmick cards like baseball equipment, celebrities, hair, or whatever Topps can put on/in a card.  When I buy a pack of cards, I expect to get cards of baseball players. 

I was able to put a big dent in my Big League set, including the Yadi variation.  This weekend is players weekend, so you might see this jersey again.

I almost laughed out loud when I read the back of the Luke Weaver card.  To quote Topps, "Weaver is not likely to be dislodged anytime soon from the rotation. "  He was just moved to the bullpen earlier this week.  I can only hope there is a card that states the Cardinals will not win a World Series anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment