Thursday, April 6, 2023

#15 Leads to #700

Monday night's Cardinals game did not go as planned (neither has the last 2 games either).  We lost to a really good Braves team.  I did get to see Austin Riley hit the longest home run by a visiting player at Busch Stadium III.  Estimated distance was 473 feet.  It was one of those hits that sounded like it was going a long way.  At least the weather was nice, and I got plenty to eat.    

I am sure fellow Cardinals' collector and TCDB member timriess shared in my misery.  We did have some comfort though thanks to our 15th trade, which was also my 700th on the site.  


I recently added all the copyright and period variations to my Lankford wantlist.  I had to use a magnifying glass to see which variation I had.  I am too lazy to scan the backs of these, but they are all new.


The Cardinals Double and Single A teams have their first games of the season tonight.  Both of these players will be in low A Palm Beach to start the season.  Barring injury, both should be promoted to Peoria before the end of the year.


Walker hit his first of hopefully many home runs yesterday.  He has hit a lot of balls over 100 mph so far, but not much to show for it.  Sooner or later those balls will be hits.  Carlson started the year as the 4th outfielder, but will Tyler O'Neill being in the doghouse for not running hard on Tuesday night, he will slide into the starting centerfield job.


Ozzie Smith gets more cards per year than some of the Cardinals' regular players.  I am not complaining as Ozzie is an legend, just find it strange an everyday position player like Tommy Edman or Brendan Donovan has fewer cards.


Last but not least is an assortment of shiny inserts.  As much as I love the die-cut Yadi, the Musial/Goldschmidt is my favorite.    
 



1 comment:

  1. That Topps Big Ozzie is awesome! I really, really like that insert set, which makes sense b/c I really, really like the Topps Big sets from back in the day.

    ReplyDelete