Thursday, August 11, 2016

Inserts from Latest Trade Package

Yesterday I highlighted the base cards from my latest trade package from Trading Bases member Ron B.  The package was huge and had about the same number of inserts as base cards.


 
Like the base cards, there was a good amount of cards from 2016.  The golds of course are numbered to 2016.  The McGwire is a nice change from some of the inserts Topps uses year after year. 

As I stated yesterday the 2016 Topps Chrome regular refractors are noted as such on the back.  I love the looks of the Martinez prism refractor.  I may try to make a team set of those.

Topps seems to have put Kolten Wong in every base & inserts set of every product this year.  I have no problem with that, just wish he was having a better season.  The Museum green parallel is numbered to 199, the Ginter mini is the A&G back version.  I follow the Cardinals minor league teams fairly close, but cannot tell you anything about Raffy Ozuna.  Without looking him up, I am guessing he is on a Rookie Ball team or maybe even the Domniican League. 

 2015 Panini Prizm had a ton of different parallels.  The Matt Adams is a Jackie Robinson 42 Prizm #ed to 42.  Heyward is a retail only Red Baseball Prizm.  Molina is just the regular Prizm parallel.  The Adams is my favorite of the three.

These 2 cards are my favorites out of the entire package.  The Wainwright is a 2014 Elite Status Purple Die Cut #ed to 50.  Bottomley is 2014 Panini Hall of Fame Crusade Red #ed to 75.  The scan does not do the Crusade justice.  With the refractor like finish, the card is really sharp in person.


 The Piscotty on the left is a rather bland 2015 Panini Contenders insert.  I am not a fan of the black & white photo.  I had to look twice an the 2015 Stadium Club Pendleton to discover it was the gold foil version.  I am not 100% sure, but I believe the 2016 Diamond Kings Carpenter is the regular framed version.  It is not numbered.


 Donruss had its share of press proofs variations through out the years.  The 2004 Renteria is a blue version #ed to 100.  The 1998 Politte gold is not numbered, but is limited to 500.  The 2002 Rookie Crusade Taguchi is numbered to 1500.  Not as sharp as the Bottomley Crusade, but still a nice card.

Rounding out the package are some cards I did not know how to group with the rest.  The Edmonds is a 2002 Upper Deck Plus #ed to 1125.  The 2004 Fleer Platinum Gall/Haren is a Silver Parallel  that is a 1/1.  Not really a true 1/1, just an EBAY 1/1 since it is numbered 1/100.

All in all this was a great package.  I needed every card and was able to knock of quite a few base cards on my wantlists.  Wish every week had a trade package like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment