Monday, February 27, 2017

No Logo Needed

We have said it many times that recent Panini baseball cards products would look so much better with team logos.  Due to the Topps monopoly, that is not going to happen anytime soon.  I agree with the majority that the airbrushed photos are hard to look at, but some of the card designs make for that.  I received a small trade package over the weekend with a few good examples.


My scanner took away the foil finish on this 2015 Career Stat Line card.  It looks much sharper in person.  I am guessing Holliday is wearing a throwback uniform.  I am guessing the shot is from Wrigley because of the brick wall, so that rules out a spring training uniform.  No airbrushing needed on this photo.

2016 Donruss Optic used some colorful borders for parallels.  This purple version is pretty sweet.  Once again Panini used a photo that did not require alteration.

This is my favorite card of the bunch.  It is a 2014 Panini Prizm Red, White, & Blue Pulsar parallel card.  Other than the lack of the cap logo, this card is just simply awesome.  It may look like it is textured, but it is not.  The markings remind me of tire tracks. 

The last card in the trade package was this 2010 Topps Blue Backs mini.  This card is far from a home run in my book because of the ugly green and yellow and the fact it is a mini.  But it is a Cardinals card I did not have, so I will give it a good home.


2 comments:

  1. I don't think Holliday is at Wrigley. There's a Citi logo behind him, and Citi Field has a brick wall behind home plate too. Nice card, wherever the photo was taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest complaint with the Donruss cards are they look like cartoons, but they did a good job with the Optics-colors really pop

    ReplyDelete