Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Done in One

I believe I am in the small minority of collectors who has not opened any 2018 Topps packs yet.  I am not even sure if my local Wal-Mart has gotten any in yet.  As of Friday they had not.  Lucky for me I was able to make a trade with TCDB member 860502 that brought me all 11 Cardinals base cards. 


The photography is very nice, although I am not a fan of the blurred background.  The design works for me other than part of the player's name being covered up by the ribbon/wave/whatever you want to call that thing. 

These 3 cards somewhat represent the past, present, and future of the Cardinals pitching staff.  Lynn is one of the quality free agents who is still unsigned.  Unless he would sign a one year deal, I do not see him coming back.  Wainwright is nearing his last days as a starter, but I hope he can finish his career as a Cardinals.  Flaherty is the so called 6 starter, or first guy up in case of an injury.

 All three of these guys were traded in the offseason.  Thanks for the memories.

These are my two favorite cards.  I love seeing a batter about to make contact like Gyorko.  I am guessing the Wong card shows him shortly after getting an RBI.

The trade also included these 1999 Sports Illustrated for Kids cards.  I have a stack of the uncut sheets from the last couple of years that I need to find a good home for.  Maybe I can show those of in a future post.  As for these 3, the Drew is my favorite. I remember going to shows in 1999 and seeing the regular Fleer card going for $5-$10.  Crazy times. 


5 comments:

  1. You're not alone-I haven't opened any 2018 Topps either. Not sure I will (maybe a pack or two, but I'm in no hurry.)

    That SI card is interesting..is there a reason why McGwire's head is on Sammy Sosa's body?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure, but it sure does make for an ugly looking card

      Delete
  2. No Yadi! What the heck. I will pass, thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No base card, but I am pretty sure he has 3 or 4 inserts. Save up for Series 2

      Delete
  3. Nice cards. I hope the ones I sent aren't obnoxiously dupes to these 11? I do appreciate you taking them.

    ReplyDelete