Monday, February 5, 2018

Small Sportlots Order

While I was cleaning my desk a few weeks ago, I found an old Visa gift card from 2015.  I am sure this was a Christmas gift from in-laws, but had no idea why I still had it or if there was still a balance.  The original amount was for $150, but certainly I had spent that by now.  Upon checking the balance online, there was still $3 left.  Knowing you cannot buy much on EBAY for that, I head to Sportlots for a few team set needs.  I prefer Sportlots over COMC because of the cheaper shipping if you can buy all your cards from one seller. 


One of these days I am going to bust a box of Heritage Minors.  It would be great if they came in blaster box form, but I have never seen one.  These 3 are from the 2017 set.  I bought a second Helsley card just in case I get a chance to do some autographing later this year.  Flaherty and Bader have plenty of MLB cards, so I only needed one of each.  I expect both of them to spend a lot of the season in St. Louis.  Helsley may be a bullpen call up sometime this year, but most likely will start the season in Double A Springfield.

I also like Pro Debut sets, just not quite as much as Heritage Minors.  These are also from 2017.  Hudson is very similar to Helsley in that he may get a call up later this if someone in the bullpen gets hurt or is ineffective.  He should start in Triple A Memphis.

The negative part about Sportlots is the minimum price of $0.18.  I have $0.13 left on the Visa card that will most likely not get spent.   

No comments:

Post a Comment