Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Rookies and a Couple of Chefs

After a run of trades coming in PWEs, I received a padded envelope on Monday from TCDB member Setshot68.  This one contained some nice late 1980s cards that I had not seen before.

I think Topps inserted these 1987 Glossy Rookies into rack packs, but am not 100% sure.  Todd Worrell was a logical choice as he won Rookie of the Year, but John Morris?  He played all of 39 games in 1986 and batted less than .250.

Magrane was the lone Cardinal in the 1988 set.  He was a decent pitcher for some bad teams in the late 1980s.  He even won an ERA title in 1988. Mathews was also a member of that same rotation, but was only a .500 pitcher.  That was enough for Score to include him in the 1988 Young Superstars set.

I always thought Chef Boyardee came in a can, but these cards appear to be cut from a box.  Nothing fancy hear, but I still love the food issue cards.

The lone modern card was this 2017 Heritage Wacha.  I am down to needing any version of the Carlos Martinez card to finish the team set.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment