Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Bench Trade

The first online trading community I joined was The Bench back in February of 2003.  I had made a few trades on the Beckett Buy/Sell forum before that, but got burned on a deal and never went back.  The Bench offers a very safe community with a trade manager that is great for keeping track of your cards that are coming and going.  The number of active members has fallen off a bit, but you can still find a lot of people looking for trades.  Yesterday I received my end of a trade with member HoosierBuddy.  I sent him a couple of Mike Trout cards in exchange for various Cardinals needs.



The highlight of the package were these 3 2005 Classic Clippings cards.  Fleer had a bad habit of including retired players or rookie cards in their base sets that were serial numbered.  These legend short prints are numbered to 999.  It was nice to finish my team set with this trade.


I am making progress on most of my 2017 team sets except for Museum.  The Carpenter is my first card from that set.  I just need Ozzie Smith to finish Stadium Club, and Carlos Martinez and Michael Wacha to finish Heritage High Numbers.  The search will continue.


I did complete the 2017 Diamond Kings set with these to RCs.  Diamond Kings about the only Donruss/Panini set that I would consider buying packs of.  I hope the 2018 version is just as nice. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I don’t believe I’ve ever heard of that site. May have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete