Monday, January 29, 2018

Got Lucky With This Trade

Every know and then I get a trade package where I wonder what was the other person thinking when they packaged the cards.  I received a PWE over the weekend with 7 cards in it.  I had no problem with the cards being shipped in a PWE, as the total value was less than $10.  All the cards were in penny sleeves.  That's it.  No top loaders, no flimsy card savers, nothing secured together.  Just 7 penny sleeves wrapped in a piece of paper with no writing on it.   At least nothing was damaged.

Panini did not do too bad with 2017 Chronicles set.  I have seen better, but I have also seen a lot worse.  I do like the idea highlighting a certain game or stretch of games.

2018 could be Wainwright's last season as a Cardinal.  I hope not, but injuries have really taken a toll on him the last few years.  He still has a nice curve, but only being able to throw in the upper 80s will only get you so far.

I hope Waino can retire a Cardinals just like Ozzie and Musial.  He is not a Hall of Fame candidate, but he did win 2 World Series and has done a lot of charitable work.  Great player, even better person.

This is my first 2017 Topps Gold Label card.  I did not notice the font on the left side until I scanned the card.  If you look very hard you might see the team name and what class the card is.  Maybe Topps can improve on this for 2018. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment