Thursday, January 11, 2018

Trading Bases Trade #2

My second trade envelope from Monday's mail came from member Ron B.  I have highlighted quite a few care packages from Ron in the past year.  We have one of those open ended trades that just keeps going.  I sent him some Pirate inserts I found at the December card show.  He returned the favor with a great Cardinals stack.

These are my first 2017 Bowman Draft cards.  The Chrome card on the left is a refractor.  Perez was the Cardinals #1 pick in the 2016 draft.  He would have been a higher pick if he had not failed a drug test.  He spent last season in rookie and short season ball.  He did not set the world on fire, but I would guess he might move up to low A Peoria some time this year.

Two of the more recent 2017 sets I need to work on are Chrome Update and Topps Holliday.  I should be getting most of the Holliday set in a trade later this week. 

Topps Stickers should not be that hard to find, but they are for me.  It is always nice to receive some in a trade.  These are from 2015.

These four are my first from the 2017 set.

It was great to see Beltran win a World Series before he retired.  He is a borderline HOF player that player for 7 different teams, but always performed well in the post season.  This 2012 Update Orange card is numbered to 210.  The Pujols card is from 2009 Topps Ticket to Stardom.

The game used portion of the package was this dual relic Yadi from 2017 Diamond Kings.  The only green Cardinals jersey I can think of is from a St. Patricks's Day exhibition game, so I highly doubt Molina every touched this piece of fabric.  At least it is a sweet looking card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment