Thursday, February 8, 2018

More of the Same

Tuesday's mail brought two more trade packages from TCDB members.  Both featured cards or type of cards that I have been quite a lot of recently.

The first package came from member mheilenman.  He finished my 2017 Topps Gallery set with these 3 cards:

Once again 2 of the 3 players have been traded.  I have not talked much about Sierra in the past.  He was shipped to Miami in the Ozuna deal.  I saw him quite a few times in person during his Peoria days.  Lightning fast with a great glove in centerfield, but no power to speak off.  He used his speed to have a decent week in the Majors last year, but could not hit to stay around.  Maybe he could replace Dee Gordon as Miami's leadoff hitter.

I have gotten a lot of Weaver and Reyes cards recently because that is who Topps is cranking out right now.  I don't mind though because both should be key parts of the rotation for the next few years.  The two Salute cards are from 2017.  I usually like throwback uniforms, but am not a fan of the one Reyes is wearing.  I need to see both birds on the bat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment