Monday, February 10, 2020

Couple from the Weekend

It was a pretty quiet weekend around my house.  Other than a Saturday morning basketball game, and my son's first baseball practice of the season I had plenty of spare time.  The weather was not fit for doing much outside, so I spent a few hours filing away all my recent trades.  The mailman brought 2 pwes on Saturday that added to my pile of cards.  The first was from TCDB member @SWLVguy.


I thought these 2 finished my 1998 Opening Day set, but I still need a Ron Gant to finish it.  The Jordan card is pretty cool.  Though it is not as iconic as the 1990 Score Bo Jackson, it is a great photo of the former 2 sport star.


I was able to finish the 2003 Playoff Prestige set with the Haren card.  I was suppose to get the regular version of the Hutchinson 2000 Metal card that would have finished my set.  Instead I received the Emerald version that I already have.  This one will be going in Kerry's pile.

The second trade package came from TCDB member redlegs_baseball.

The Star company put out a few minor league sets in the late 1980s and early 1990s.  I can see why the company did not last long.  These cards are about as boring as you can get, but I will never turn down a Cardinals minor league card.


This does not look like a baseball card at all.  It reminds me of something from a MAD set.  It is really a 1992 Confex Baseball Enquirer card of Andres Galarraga.  If you blinked you would have missed his time as a Cardinal.  He only played in 95 games during his only season in St. Louis in 1992.  I have no clue why he is wearing a hard hat.

I never played the Topps Attax card game.  Cannot say I know anybody that did.  I would imagine Pujols would have been a great guy to have judging by his ratings on the card.  

No comments:

Post a Comment