Wednesday, February 5, 2020

First Bubble Mailer in a While

Most of my recent trades have come in a plain white envelope (pwe).  With the cost of postage being close to $3 for a bubble mailer, most collectors are finding cheaper ways to send cards.  I have even gotten 2 pwes from the same collector for one trade.  As long as the cards arrive in good shape, I really don't care how they get to me.  I will add some collectors go a little overboard with the scotch tape when using a pwe.  It should not take me 5 minutes to remove 6 cards from an envelope, but that is a story for another post. 

I did receive a rare bubble mailer from TCDB member Lugnut80 earlier this week.  I was able to send him a stack of late 1990s set fillers for a nice handful of Cardinals.

 
There are a ton of variations to the 1988 Topps Stickers.  Most of them have to do with the player on the back.  This one has Andre Dawson.  I chose not to scan it though, because that would be 2 days in a row of a Cub making an appearance on this blog.  I do have my limits.

These 2 finished my 1997 Bowman's Best team set.  These would have looked so much better without the large dots and swirls.

I received another 2 sided card with this 1997 Donruss Limited Dmitri Young.  The other side features Brewer Antone Williamson.  I think we know who had the better career out of those 2.

 Rounding out the package were a couple of 2019 inserts of Matt Carpenter.  I am not sure what to expect from Carp in 2020.  I doubt he is the same guy who hit 36 home runs in 2018, but he is also not the same player who hit .226 in 2019.  At least I hope he is not.  If Carp can learn how to hit against the shift, he could return to being a .300 hitter.  If he continues to try to pull the ball out of the park every time up, he will see the bench more in favor of Tommy Edman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment