Friday, July 10, 2020

Almost Made It

I am going to fall a little short of my goal to catch up before vacation.  The only thing left on my desk to highlight will be a large EBAY lot that came last weekend.  Today's post will show my last 2 pwe trades from TCDB members.  First up is a package from Gasypo30.


I can finally say I completed a Heritage team set that includes shortprints.  The Goldschmidt was the last 2020 Heritage I needed.  I am a pretty close on the 2016 set thanks to getting the Oh.  Not counting the action variations/color swaps/throwback uniform cards, I just need 1 more for that set.  The Larussa brings my 2008 set needs down to 5. 


The other cards were from 2016 A&G X set.  I am not a huge fan of the all black background.

I am not going to name the trader who the next batch of cards came from.  Although none of the cards arrived damaged in the pwe, they were all loose in a team bag.  No sleeves or cardboard protection.  Someone with over 75 completed trades on the site should know better.


I received the last 2 needed base cards from 2020 Pro Debut.  Montero was 1 of 3 Cardinals who have tested positive for the virus so far.  All 3 shared a plane from the Domican, but are doing fine.  It was announced today that less than 2% of the 3,748 players and coaches tested came back positive.  That is encouraging to hear.  Other than Freddie Freeman, I have not heard of anyone that is has affected really bad.


I have never bought an of Topps online exclusive cards or sets.  In fact, this is my first Topps Total card since it was reborn.  Nice clean design, but I would not pay over $1 for the commons.  Topps did such a great job with 2020 Big League this year, I wonder if they wonder consider bringing Total back as a low budget set with a large team checklist.  Bring back the days when you had to track down 20+ cards of your favorite team.


 Last but not least are 2 Altuves for my son's collection.  He informed me I should be trying harder to get his cards. 

1 comment: