Monday, October 26, 2020

Edman From EBAY

It was a pretty thrilling weekend to watch baseball.  I admit I usually do not watch a lot of games if the Cardinals are not playing, but I watched games 4 and 5 from start to finish.  Game 4 was a classic back and forth match with an ending almost as exciting as Game 6 in 2011.  

I have been rooting for the Rays to win.  It is not that I dislike the Dodgers, but it would be nice to see a different team win.  I also am pulling for the Rays because of Randy Arozarena.  I doubt the former Cardinal will have this type of success in the future, but it is fun to watch.  Reminds me of Carlos Beltran in the 2004 playoffs.

Enough of my rambling, onto today's card.  Last week I managed to finally win an EBAY auction for a Tommy Edman auto.


When Edman's first autos came out earlier this year, they were going for north of $20.  That is a little much in my eyes for his cards.  Topps has included his autograph in about every product this year, so the price has came down some.  This on card auto set me back about $10.50.  I like his Five Star auto a little better, but this one is pretty nice also.

2 comments:

  1. That's an interesting design. Looks like something out of a news magazine circa 1960. Edman has a nice, sharp signature, and that's a good price for a rising star.

    Arozarena has been tearing it up. My instinct is to root for the small-market underdog but I like the Dodgers a lot. If they lose Clayton Kershaw, Dave Roberts, & co. will start to hear comparisons to the Buffalo Bills. If Tampa loses, they might not get another shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer action shots, but for a posed photo this one is not too bad.

      Delete