Thursday, October 22, 2020

TCDB Trade

I had a brain fart today trying to come up with a title for this post, so you get a very generic one.  Earlier this week I received a pwe from TCDB member Orry04.  He sent a nice assortment of Cardinals in exchange for some 2020 set fillers.

I have almost forgotten about the 2020 Optic set.  These cards are not hard to track down, I just have been overlooking them.  Hope to track down the last 3 I need in the next few weeks.


Most of the time when you see a Topps card next to a Panini card, the Topps card looks a lot better.  This is no the case here.  I love the old ball park in the background of the Legends card.  Not sure if it is old Sportman's Park where Stan played most of his home games.


My scanner made these 1998 Pacific Online Red parallel cards look bronze.  They look much better in hand as the red goes great with the Cardinals uniform.  


The last card is from the 1999 SP Top Prospects set.  Arkansas was a Cardinals affiliate from 1996-2000 before switching to the Angels.  The Marines took over in 2017.  With MLB taking more control of minor league baseball, it will be interesting to see if teams switch affiliates as often as they used to.


No comments:

Post a Comment