Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Keeping Up to Date

I have told myself that I will do a better job of scanning and filing away trades than I did a few months ago.  At one time there must have been a stack of over 200 Cardinals waiting to be put away.  With less daylight and no practices/games to run my kids to, I should have enough spare time each day to stay on top of things.  So far I am doing a good job.  Yesterday a package arrived from TCDB member alan nyc.  All cards have been scanned and should be filed away tonight.


I will always think of October as David Freese month.  I think any Cardinals fan who watched the 2011 World Series will agree with me.  Speaking of the Series, congrats to the Dodgers.  It was great to see a good guy like Kershaw finally get a ring.



This photo may have been from the World Series or some other playoff game.  Yadi is a free agent now.  He is looking for a 2 year contract.  I would bet the Cardinals give that to him, but I hope it is for far less money than his last contract.  It would be great if he goes the Wainwright route and signs a contract for a low base salary with a lot of incentives.


I love the Red Hot Foil cards from 2014.  Only 3 more to track down to complete the 21 card team set.  The Power Players set is not quite as big with only 12 cards.  I need 1 more to finish it.  I have never been a fan of contest cards like Power Players.  The Home Run Challenge cards are ok, but other than that I am not a big fan.


  
I have not added all the Rainbow Foil parallels to my wantlist yet.  I don't like these as well as the Gold parallels, but a Cardinal is a Cardinal.  Glad to knock off quite a few in one trade.


No comments:

Post a Comment