Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Bucs for Cards

One of the card collecting spreadsheets I keep is for team collectors.  I keep track of who collects certain teams, what forum/website they belong to, and whether or not I owe them any cards.  This comes in very handy when I am at card shows.  

You may find this hard to believe, but one of the more popular teams that I trade is the Pirates.  Trading Bases member Ron B gets the bulk of them, but there are 3 or 4 other Bucs collectors that I trade with.  TCDB member mac412 reached out to me about a few Pirates he needed last week.  I sent 13 Pirates his way in return for 20 cards that were delivered to me on Monday.  7 of them are for in person autographs, so I will not show them.


My first 2022 Bowman Cardinals included all 6 of the base cards and 1 prospect card.  It is nice to see players like Yepez and Nootbaar get some hobby love.

Arenado was the NL player of the month in April, but has since hit a slump like most of the other Cardinals starters.  They are not too far behind the Brewers right now, but that gap will get wider if they do not start scoring some runs.  


The many colors of the 2021 Mosaic rainbow is shown off here with this reactive yellow Edman card.  If you look at it too long, it is like staring at the sun.  


 
This is one of those cards I could not believe I did not have.  This Edmonds is from the 2004 Fleer Patchworks set.  I like the photo with the sepia background of  Wrigley Field, but am not a fan of the dark logo on the right side.  Shrink it down, use color, and display more of the photo.


My son added a couple of 2022 Altuve cards to his set.  He thinks this will be the last card of Altuve and Correa together, but I doubt Topps will let that happen.  


    

No comments:

Post a Comment