Tuesday, May 31, 2022

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #15

When I was planning today's post, I almost forgot that it is actually Tuesday.  Sometimes the long weekends make you lose track of time.  I was going to write about my trip to the Cardinals game yesterday, but that can wait for another day.  Time to knock out another couple TCDB trade recaps.  First up are 3 cards from member millrat99.  


These may not look like much, but I was thrilled to get these 3 cards.  MLB Showdown cards are a thorn in my side.  I am too stubborn to pick them up from Sportlots, and I never find them at shows.  These 2 from the 2000 set leaves me 3 short of the team set.  I was able to complete the 21 card Cardinals team set from 1994 Score by adding the Gerald Perry card.  It is a great feeling to finish a large parallel set.

The second trade came from member Netdawg. 


The younger collector in me loves Sportflics.  These from the 1986 Decade Greats sets feature 3 players on each card.  You can make out Ted Simmons on the bottom left, but the other 3 do not show the Cardinals player.  Top left is Dizzy Dean, top right is Ducky Medwick, and bottom right is Joe Torre.  


This is my first 1998 Topps Tek card of Brian Jordan.  I was lucky to find all 90 patterns of the Ray Lankford card a while back.  I will not be doing the same for Jordan. 


This card makes me a little sad.  I have always like Paul DeJong.  Nice guy with a great signature.  Problem is he flat out forgot how to hit.  The 2019 all star was demoted to Triple A a couple of weeks ago and is still hitting below .200.  At this point I am not sure he will ever turn things around.




No comments:

Post a Comment