Monday, May 16, 2022

Found Some Spare Time

Lately I have been forced to be choosy with my spare time.  Work has picked up now that it has stopped raining every other day.  My work hours have been anywhere between 8 and 11 hours a day the last 2 weeks.  My son's baseball season is still in full swing also, so 2 nights a week and the better part of Saturdays are spent with his team.  When I do get a moment of down time at home, it has been hard to motivate myself to get off the couch and do something.  If it was not for some new releases coming out this month, I may not have even touched my cards for a while.

My last post earlier this month showed off some of the new 2022 Bowman cards that I received from a blaster box.  I sent a few of those cards off to TCDB member Americana last week in return for some Cardinals.  


This trader buys quite a few online exclusive packs/sets from Topps.  The Molina is a Topps X Aaron Judge card, the Gibson a Topps X Super 70s card.  I will give Topps some credit for making these overpriced exclusive cards very nice quality.


Like a ton of other collectors, it feels strange to say I just received my first cards from 2021 Big League.  I have always been a fan of the base set.  The Defensive Wizards insert set gives me a Fleer Pro Visions feel.


I also received my first cards from 2021 Panini Contenders.  Unlike Big League, this set has been out for a bit.  Not too much positive to say about the design of the base cards or the Ticket to Stardom insert.


Montero was the best position prospect the Rockies received in the Arenado trade.  He made is debut in early May, but was sent down after 1 game in which he went 2 for 4 with 2 strikeouts.  Kim has went back to the Korean league.  I am sure Topps will produce some 2022 cards of him.  This 2021 Optic card finished my base set.  




No comments:

Post a Comment