Tuesday, September 10, 2024

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #90

It has been a slow trading week.  My spare time is limited, thanks to my son's high school soccer season being in full swing.  On game nights, it is 8:00 or after before we get home.  After dinner and other chores, I am not interested in looking at cards.  It is usually the couch and a ball game before bedtime.  

The trades I do finish are on the small side.  The two I have today have a total of five cards.  First up is a two pack from member pinfit.


McGwire has hundreds of cards that I do not have.  I do not have many on my want list, but I will gladly take any offered that I do not have.  These two give me a total of 804 different ones.  The 1998 Pinnacle Plus die cut is a great-looking card in person.  The card is not nearly as dark as the scan, and the wavy right border is cool.

The last 3 cards came from member coachspike.  

My 2024 Donruss team set is now complete.  Something is fulfilling about crossing a set off my list.  


2024 Topps Chrome cards do not scan well, either.  The black border gives the card a dark look.  It will be interesting to see if the Cardinals offer Goldschmidt a contract this winter.  He will be a free agent at the age of 37.  If he has a good last month, I can see the Cardinals giving him a 2 year contract.  Both sides have mentioned a preference for him to retire in St. Louis.  I just hope they do not spend too much money on him that could be used for some pitching help.

  
  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment