Sunday, September 15, 2024

Topps Hobby Rip Night

Starting yesterday, my next five Saturdays will consist of driving my son back and forth between soccer and band competitions.  It is amazing there are no time conflicts yet, but we still do not know the schedule for the last weekend.  Yesterday the two locations were two hours apart.  After winning his game 5-0 in the morning, we made the drive north.  He arrived 1.5 hours before the band performed, so my wife and I had time to drive another 20 minutes to a card shop.

We had been to this shop back in August  on National Trading Card Day.  This time it was Topps Hobby Rip Night.  This day also involved customers receiving a free pack of cards.  My wife opened hers first and did pretty well.


Always nice to pull a Pujols card I do not have.  The Holliday is a red or orange parallel.  Not sure the odds on pulling one, but it is a nice color match.

My pack was not as good, but still some nice cards.


The Jeter already has a home, while the Will should not be very hard to trade.  Everything in the shop was 10% off.  I passed on all the wax packs and dug through 2 $1 boxes to find 4 cards.



I have the Goldschmidt card, but I was not going to pass up a photo variation for less than $1.  I did need the Crooks sapphire card.


There was a small stack of 2024 Chrome refractors.  I pulled the Williams for another trader on TCDB, while the Butler was an impulse buy.  The A's are not doing well, but Butler is quietly having a good season.  The raywave cards look cool in person.  


   

2 comments:

  1. I always think my schedule is super busy... and things are overwhelming... until I hear (or read) stories about families with kids involved in travel sports. Hats off to you and your wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is his regular high school season. They play most Saturdays due to the shortage of referees.

      Delete