Monday, August 24, 2026

2026 Card Show #6 Recap

Saturday morning I woke up knowing I was headed to a card show.  I just had to decide which one.  There was a local show about 45 minutes away with 100 tables that I have attended with good luck the last few years, or there was a new show about 2 hours away with 250 tables.  I chose the closer show, as the wife had a list of things to do in the yard later that day.  Since my son is now away from college, she decided to make the trip with me.

We arrived a few minutes after the doors opened.  I headed straight for one of my favorite dealers who always brings multiple dime boxes.  It took about 1.5 hours to go through 4 monster boxes.  I also went through a quarter and fifty cent. I spent $7 on the following cards.


Not very many Cardinals in the boxes, but I did find four I needed.


Nice to find some Altuves in the dime box.  My son already had the Bowman's Best refractor.


This 2026 insert was fifty cents.  Great looking card.  

Everything else I pulled is for trade bait.


A few numbered cards including a 2020 Topps Pro Debut gold numbered to 50.


Refractors, most of which will be headed to Pirate collector Ron B.


Assorted Topps parallels.


A lot of Hall of Fame players, most from 2003 Topps Gallery Hall of Fame artist's proof parallels.


Finishing up with a handful of premium issues.

We walked the rest of the floor and was a little discouraged to find so many Pokemon tables.  In the past this show was 75-80% sports cards.   This time I would guess it was closer to 50%.  I did make one more purchase.


I found these Cardinals in a quarter box.  I needed the 2015 GQ Cepeda short print.  I grabbed the other three just to make an even $1.  I did need the Molina.

Despite not finding many cards, we had fun.  I will most likely attend the next show in November.







  

No comments:

Post a Comment