Tuesday, August 18, 2026

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #152

It was a fun weekend to be a Cardinals fan.  Not only did they win 2 of 3 games against the Cubs, they also had one of the greatest MLB debuts in history from Joshua Baez.  I was not home on Saturday to watch the game, but did follow along on my phone.  I was not shocked to check EBAY on Sunday and see all the crazy prices people were wanting, then actually getting for his cards.  Hats off to anyone who made a quick buck.  I do not have any Baez cards to show off today, just some other Cardinal goodies.  The first batch of cards came from member cynicalbuddha.


Hard to go wrong with cards of gold glove shortstops.  While the 2 Finest Winn cards are nice, I love the 1995 Denny's Ozzie Smith.  I was surprised I did not already have a copy.


After a good few games, Arenado appears to have a major injury.  Hence was DFAd earlier this month, but was not picked up by another team so he is back Florida working at the Cardinals complex to regain some of his velocity.  Hard to believe he was a top 100 prospect and #3 in the Cardinals system a few years ago.


This is the last Altuve my son needs to file away before leaving for college tomorrow.  There will be a pile waiting for him when he comes home later this fall.

The second package came from member stdolan1.


While other collectors are hot after 2026 Chrome, I will pick up older refractors for a lot cheaper.


The colorful part of the trade included orange, pink, and black.  Walker is by far the best player, but the Saggese card looks the best.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment