Wednesday, September 6, 2017

2 in 2 Days

The day after I received the cards from yesterday's post, I received another trade package from Trading Card Database member tsch67.  It is so easy to work out a trade on that site with the matching want list feature.  It does take some time to enter your collection, but once you do it is smooth trading from there.  On to the highlights.


There were a lot of similar cards in the two packages, like the bottom 2 Collector's Choice silver signature cards.  The top Mark Whiten is actually a gold signature.

Upper Deck mass produced cards of the Cardinals so called MV3 players in 2006.  Edmonds, Pujols, and Rolen all finished in the 2004 NL MVP top 5 voting.  Some guy from San Francisco with a shady history won it.  The Amazing Greats gold card in numbered to 699.

Pujols did win the NL MVP in 2009.  By that time Rolen and Edmonds were no longer in St. Louis.  Upper Deck churned out his inserts in 2010 as a result.  Another nice feature of Trading Card Database is it keeps track of the number of cards you have of a player, team, set, etc.  These put me at 834 different Pujols cards.

Just like the first package, this one had some Topps colored parallels.  The Beltran leaves me 2 more cards to finish the 2013 Wal-Mart Blue Border set.  I need a ton of the Target Red cards from the same year.

 All I can say for mini cards is I don't really care for them, but will take them.  Storage nightmare.


First thing that came to my mind when I saw this card is ouch.  I always like cards showing cathers in their gear or making plays at the plate.  You would think Panini would have an insert set similar to this.  Other than the logo on some of the helmets, they would not have to airbrush anything. 

Speaking of Panini, here are a couple of 2014 Donruss inserts.  There was also a Breakout Pitchers insert set.  It is still hard to believe Allen Craig has gone from a very reliable heart of the order hitter to someone who spent the majority of the last 2 years in the minors.


I need 4 more of these 2015 Musial Milestones to complete the 20 card set.  I think I have traded for the other 16 withing the last 2 months.  

  




No comments:

Post a Comment