Friday, September 15, 2017

Waiting Til Next Year

Being a Cardinals fan I have not used the term waiting until next year very often in my lifetime when referring to my team.  That phrased was more reserved for another team that finally broke its curse.  My most recent trade package got me thinking about next year though, and what I hope this player may accomplish.


I have talked about Reyes quite a few times on past blog posts.  From watching him in Peoria back in 2014, to several in person autograph recaps, I have see Reyes in person a handful of times.  He has been nothing but polite to my kids and always soft spoken.  He did have a 50 game suspension at the beginning of 2016, but returned to have an excellent debut.  He lasted one day in spring training this year before learning he needed Tommy John surgery.  I hope he returns next year to be a part of the five man rotation, but he may have a bullpen job first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment