Monday, March 5, 2018

Back At It

It has been almost 2 weeks since I had a trade package come in, but that is about to change.  I managed to make 4 trades on TCDB last week, with 3 of them arriving over the weekend.   The first one came from member colonel98801. 
Pacific had a ton of sets in the early 2000s, but they offered nice photos and some had large checklist.  The Drew is a photo variation.  Bottalico's days as a good reliever were finished by the time he was a Cardinal.  The Cardinals always seem to have a love affair with former closers who are trying to make a rebound.  This year is no different with Jason Motte and Edward Mujica in camp.

It was nice to finish the 2005 Upper Deck set.  I thought I finished it long ago, but made a mistake by thinking some of the Retro parallel cards were base issues.

I think of the 2004 Bowman Heritage set as the TV set.  Cannot say I am a fan of it.

I doubt I will ever finish some of the early Topps Heritage team sets because of the short prints, but I will keep trying.  A lot of my needs are not even sps. 

I was able to finish up the 2006 Bowman Heritage and 2005 Fleer Tradition team sets with these Pujols cards.  Hard to believe it has been 7 years since he left St. Louis. 

It would be great to have him back for a proper send off.  I doubt the  Angels and Cardinals will face each other in the World Series, so you can only hope the inter league schedule will work out for the Angels to come to St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment