Friday, March 30, 2018

Nice Stack of Heritage

Another trade envelope arrived yesterday from TCDB member La Loosh.  This is my second trade with him in the last few months.  The first time I sent him a big stack of 2005 Donruss in exchange for a handful of Cardinals.  He said he would repay the favor in a future trade, which he did with this one.  I only had a few 2002 Fleer Tradition cards for him, but he sent a nice stack of mostly 2018 Cardinals my way.


The only card not from 2018 was this 2016 Topps Bunt Program insert of Adam Wainwright.  He is going to miss 2 or 3 starts because he strained a hamstring while running sprints.  If I was a 35+ year old starting pitcher with an injury history I do not think I would be running a lot of sprints.

These 2 are my first 2018 Donruss cards.  Although there are some shortprints and variations in the team set, it should not be to hard to finish.  I always think about the Andy Van Slyke rookie card when I see the 1984 design.

I was able to knock out a big chunk of the 2018 Heritage team set including cards of 2 former outfielders along with 2 current starters.

This is my first Ozuna card in a Cardinals uniform.  I have seen worse airbrush jobs.

In my opinion these 3 cards show the past, present, and future aces of the Cardinals starting pitchers, although Martinez did not pitch like one yesterday.  Weaver may have some competition when Alex Reyes returns.

I would not count out Flaherty as a possible ace.  He may not throw as hard as some of the others starters, but still can touch 95 and throws 5 different pitches.  He is taking Wainwright's spot in the rotation for now. 

2 comments:

  1. That Ozzie Smith Donruss card is sharp, even without the logos. I feel like that Carlos Martinez photo was in last year's Heritage as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good eye. The Martinez is the same, maybe a little bit of a crop job.

      Delete