Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Weekend Package #3 and a PWE Tale

The third trade package that arrived over the weekend was a PWE from TCDB member AnalogKid.  Only 2 cards in this one, but since I did not open any 2018 Topps I gladly made the trade.

I touched on the Salute design in yesterday's post.  The Opening Day insert is not bad, but I think it would be better with out the building block effect.  This is the blue color variation.  Topps over did it with the insert variations this year.


These cards arrived safe and sound in the PWE.  We agreed to both send our end of the trade this way since 2 card were going both ways.  When I send out cards in a PWE, I put them in a top loader and tape it to a thin piece of cardboard cut from a cereal box.  I then put 2 stamps on the envelope to account for a non machine rate and tape the envelope shut.  This has been my method for several years without any problems.  I had 2 such envelopes come back last week with $3 postage due marked on each one.  Upon visiting the post office the next day, a not so pleasant worker informed me the envelopes were considered packages since they were not flexible enough.  She then tried to charge me the $6 due.  I told her to forget it because I could mail a package for $2.66 through Paypal and not waste my time at the post office.  She was not overly happy to hear that.  Long story short, I was able to use the stamps on new envelopes with just a top loader in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment