Thursday, April 5, 2018

Got My First Taste of Queen

Most of my trades these days come through the Trading Card Database (TCDB) website, but I still check in on a few other places.  The Bench was the first online trading community I joined back in 2003.  It was my favorite site for a long time until a few years ago when the member base shifted from collectors to more prospectors/investors.  I still visit the site daily, but am lucky to make 1 or 2 trades there a month.  I was able to swing a deal with member pac_rat_76 last week that brought my first 2018 Gypsy Queen cards.


It was nice to get 5 of the 9 Cardinals base cards in the set.  To my knowledge there are not SPs, just some photo or logo variations.  I like the design this year, although it is not much different from last year. 

There were a few other inserts in the package like these 2017 Foil cards.  It was great to see Martinez have a strong game last night after his dud on opening day.  Now if he could only be that dominant on a more consistent basis he would be a true ace.

I have never completed any of the Stadium Club Triumvirate sets.  This one is from 2016.  I am not expected much from Wainwright in today's home opener in St. Louis.  He may have rushed back from a hamstring injury in order to make this start. 

My son is scheduled to have a baseball tournament this weekend, but mother nature may say otherwise.  Friday night and Sunday forecasts both show a chance of show.  I would much rather have the 2016 Topps Holiday type than the real thing.


1 comment:

  1. The weather has been brutal this winter/spring, but those cards are not. I like the Waino SC, and the holiday Holliday. :)

    ReplyDelete